Friday, September 23, 2005

Rock Star

I was reminded of some fond memories while in Charlotte this past week. I had just finished eating a nice Italian dinner at Bertuccis and was walking back to my car as I heard the sounds of a band creeping across the parking lot from a fairly hidden patio. I moseyed over to find a hole-in-the-wall bar. I had to ask how to get to the band and I was given directions to walk back through the kitchen and out to the patio. When I got there, there was a 3-piece band (acoustic guitar, keyboard & congas) playing what I assumed to be original music. There were 5 others sitting on the patio socializing and enjoying the music. I sat alone and listened for a bit. They played some Grateful Dead covers and were having a good time. I was reminded of the short stint in high school that I did with a Rolling Stones cover band. We called ourselves December’s Children, a reference to a more obscure Stones album. The lead singer in this band reminded me of Jeremy our lead guitarist. I’ve often wondered what happened to Nat, Jeremy and Jim. We shared some good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home